Here are 6 options you can consider when deciding whether training is the best option, and if so, how to justify the need for the training you choose.
- If Training provides a solution to a problem (ex: your employee needs additional skills or competencies to successfully complete their job)
- If the Cost of the training is worth the investment
- If the training will provide a Return on Investment (ROI)
- If any of the training needs uncovered from the gap analysis are required for legal compliance
- Considering your organization's operational needs, do you have the time to build your employee's capacity
- In order for your organization to remain competitive or relevant, it may need to consider the added benefit or value of the employee's having certain trainings. At times the cost of the training can be weighed against the projected revenue or benefit earned when considering if it's worth it.